Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Promote Compassion: Adopt a Turkey!

Hello friends and fellow animal lovers! Today is Thanksgiving! Although this holiday is a lovely opportunity to spend time with friends and family and share your love for them, every year millions of animal lives are lost in the process. Every year over 46 million turkeys lose their lives so that we can have a "traditional Thanksgiving". Turkeys are highly intelligent and emotional animals that bond strongly with their family members, and as all living beings, deserve to live. Did you know that turkeys purr like cats and that they enjoy listening to music?

This Thanksgiving, my mom surprised me with the wonderful gift of adopting a turkey through Farm Sanctuary in my name. Her name is Elsa and she is a beautiful turkey with an easygoing and somewhat shy nature. I already love her! My three-year-old cousin had a turkey named Anna adopted for her as well, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate this holiday. And let me say, my inner Frozen Fanatic was quite pleased as well.

Farm Sanctuary runs many programs that allow us, humans, to sponsor animals. If you are looking for a way this Thanksgiving to spread kindness and save lives, then this is a wonderful way to do it! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and that you do something for the animals. Whether it be serving a vegan turkey, or adopting an animal every little thing counts and the animals will thank you for it! Enjoy your holiday!

Yours,
The Compassionate Dreamer

*Take the Vegan Pledge

Images




No comments:

Post a Comment