Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

My Very Vegan Thanksgiving ❤️

Hello friends and fellow animals lovers! I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday and a happy Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in my Vegan Guide to Thanksgiving post, my family had a fully vegan Thanksgiving this year, and I thought I would share my experience with you!

My mom, aunt, and I spent the afternoon cooking up a storm in my grandfather's kitchen and we had a great time! It was so nice to spend time with family in the kitchen and to try out these amazing vegan recipes. I have listed the recipes that we tried below, and if you are ever looking for holiday recipes, may they be vegan or otherwise, I would 100% recommend trying these!

Vegan Sausage and Apple Stuffing by Plant Based Jane
Garlic Chive Cream Cheese Vegan Mashed Potatoes by Rabbit and Wolves 
Cashew Mac 'n Cheese by The Compassionate Dreamer (Hey, that's me!
The Best Damn Vegan Biscuits by Minimalist Baker
The Best Easy Vegan Cranberry Sauce by Sam Turnbull (It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken Blog)
The Best Vegan Gravy by This Savory Vegan
Five Minute Vegan Creamed Spinach by Spruce Eats

My aunt also made steamed green beans, and my grandma put together an autumnal salad. It's safe to say, we had a lot of leftovers!

In addition to making these recipes, we also ordered two vegan turkeys that we prepared.  One was from The Herbivorous Butcher, and the other from The Uncreamery. Both of which were delicious, but the one from The Herbivorous Butcher was the favorite!
Apart from the occasional vegan comment, question, or skepticism, my extended family was very receptive to the whole idea of a vegan Thanksgiving during the cooking (and especially the eating) process. The crowd favorites would have to be the biscuits, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cashew mac n' cheese, but everything we ate was delicious, and I would definitely try these recipes again.


Images (courtesy of my fabulous grandmother)







I had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving and had a great time with my family. I hope that by having a vegan Thanksgiving we were able to promote veganism, support the veg community, and save innocent lives. I hope that in the future, you will try this, too!

Yours,
The Compassionate Dreamer

*Take the Vegan Pledge*

6 comments:

  1. Was happy to be a part of it! Hopefully we're making a new tradition with all vegan holiday meals :) Also, we had vegan pumpkin pie which was store bought, though delicious. As well as the almond milk whipped cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best Thanksgiving!!! Delicious and a wonderful family gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thanks to everyone who made it happen. The whole day was just perfect. I know because I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pa. Me too. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete