Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2019

My Mom's Homemade Cashew Mac 'n Cheese Recipe

Hello friends and fellow animal lovers! Today I have something special for you! I am going to be providing you with my mom’s super tasty vegan cashew cheese sauce recipe! This is one of my favorite things that she makes! I hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section below!

Dry Mix Ingredients: ½ cup Nutritional yeast, ½ cup cashews, 1 tbsp garlic powder, salt, pepper, 1 tsp turmeric, ½ tsp paprika, ¼ cup whole wheat flour.


Add: ½ cup plant or nut milk (preferably cashew or almond), 2 tbsp vegan butter, pasta water to desired consistency (½ cup to 1 cup). Can mix in blender or whisk over medium-low heat. Serve with pasta of your choice. Great with peas or broccoli, too. Enjoy! 


Photos







Yours,
The Compassionate Dreamer

2 comments:

  1. ooooo...so it "tastes" like cheese in some way? It looks delicious :) can you make it with a gluten-free flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If you would like to make it gluten-free just use gluten-free flour and pasta! The rest should stay the same! Enjoy!

      Delete