Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Riley Farm Rescue, CT

Hello again! Welcome back! I realized that although my passion for being vegan comes from my love of animals, I mostly write about food. And yes, writing about food I like is (hopefully) extremely helpful to both vegetarians, and vegans, but I haven’t really written many posts geared towards PEOPLE. Something that might make the average person in this world want a change, and feel inspired to make a difference. So today I am going to be writing about The Riley Farm Rescue in Connecticut.

The other day my mom showed me a few videos and photos that she had found on The Riley Farm Rescue on Instagram, and I immediately knew that I had to write a post about them. The photos and videos that my mom showed me were about an Easter livestock auction that the Riley’s went to in the hopes of saving some animals. They were able to save a lamb and his mother and bring them back home to their rescue. As well as saving the lamb and his mother (named Piggy and Daisy) they were able to rescue a goose named Sydney.
Picture
(Baby Piggy and Mama Daisy)
The Riley Farm Rescue has rescued over 100 animals since 2015. They have rescued chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, goats, guinea pigs, sheep, peacocks, rabbits, pigeons, and even a mini horse.

Livestock auctions are terrible, but sadly they exist. Most of the animals that were bought at the one that the Riley’s went to were probably slaughtered for food. But Daisy and Piggy were able to be saved and I think that is really special. Being brave enough to actually do something about the injustices of this world, and to make a difference to the animals is really special to me and I am extremely grateful for it.

If you are interested in learning more about The Riley Farm Rescue feel free to click this link. I suggest really looking around because they have lots of photos, videos and great information!

Yours,
The Compassionate Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment