Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Vegan Guide to Halloween

Hello friends and fellow animal lovers! It is around this time of year that I get a lot of questions surrounding Halloween and veganism. Like, "Can you eat chocolate?" and "Is this candy vegan?" and "Do vegans even trick-or-treat?". Today's post will hopefully answer any and all of your questions surrounding how to have the best Halloween, vegan style! 


Being vegan, there are some ingredients that aren't safe for us to consume that can sneakily find their way into Halloween candy. When trying to determine whether a candy is vegan sure to stay away from the following ingredients: Eggs, Milk, Gelatin, Carmine, Shellac, Bone Char, Milk Chocolate, Beeswax, Honey, Casein, Whey, Albumen, Confectioner’s Glaze, Food Grade Wax. I know that all sounds a bit overwhelming, and like such a pain to be on the look-out for, which is why I have compiled a list of accessible vegan candy and vegan candy brands that are safe to eat and 100% cruelty free! (My personal favorites are starred!)
There are so many more vegan candy options in addition to those that I listed, but I didn't want this post to seem too overwhelming. If you are looking for a more comprehensive list of vegan halloween candies, I suggest looking at the one VegNews compiled! PETA also has INCREDIBLE vegan Halloween resources (and vegan resources in general) which I highly recommend taking a look at!

This year will be my third Halloween as a vegan, and although with the change in diet there is some candy that is off-limits to me, I have found so many new favorites! Hopefully you will, too!

If you have any questions for me regarding veganism and Halloween please reach out in the comments section below! I would love to hear from you and would be more than happy to help you have the best Halloween possible! Enjoy the rest of Spooky Season and have a fabulous Halloween! Happy Haunting!

Yours,
The Compassionate Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment