Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2019

My Mom's Homemade Garlic Bread Grilled Cheese Recipe

Hello friends and fellow animal lovers! Welcome back to my blog! I'm so happy to have you here! You are in for a treat because today I am going to be sharing with you the recipe for my mom's homemade grilled cheese! She based it off of this recipe from "My Meatless Meals". This grilled cheese is my brother's absolute favorite thing that my mom makes, and it is one of my favorites, too! 

If you have any questions for me feel free to ask them in the comments section below and I will do my very best to answer them! I hope you enjoy!
Note: Makes 2-4 sandwiches

For the garlic butter: Mix 4 tbsp of room temperature butter, 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast, and 1 tsp of olive oil. 

For the cheese: Blend 1/2 cup of raw cashews, 1 cup of plant-based milk (preferred kind), 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast, and 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour in a blender for one minute. Simmer the mixture in a nonstick pan on low heat for about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir continuously. Once the mixture thickens (think: nut butter consistency) you can turn off the heat.

For the sandwich: Spread the garlic butter on one side of your choice of bread. Make sure that the butter is spread thinly and evenly. Grill the bread on medium low with the buttered side facing down. Add the cheese on top of the bread and place another slice of bread over the cheese and spread the garlic butter on top. It should be ready to flip in two or three minutes. Cook the sandwich until it becomes golden-brown. Let cool and serve!

I hope you enjoyed this post! Stay tuned for more!

Yours,
The Compassionate Dreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment